1. Be sure you are fully immunized. Check with your primary care provider or
travel clinic 4-6 weeks before travel if possible.
2. Be familiar with food and water precautions for your destination.
3. Know where the nearest US consulate is located.
4. Pack a first aid kit specific for your itinerary.
5. Don’t go barefoot.
6. Prevent bug bites to prevent bug borne illnesses.
7. Take out trip health and emergency evacuation insurance.
8. Use the right sun protection.
9. Register with the US State Department before you go.
10. Wash your hands! Wash your hands! Wash your hands!